Author Topic: PLEASE READ - UPDATE  (Read 1468 times)

CyberShadow

• Administrator
    • View Profile
PLEASE READ - UPDATE
« on: May 24, 2017, 02:49:20 PM »
Welcome. This board has been put in place to keep the community together while we sort out the issues with the previous forums. This thread is here to let you know what is going on and answer the obvious questions that you might have.....

What Happened?

To keep this short, we inherited an old version of the forum software. Updating it was something that I was looking into, but had trouble with backups, and didnt want to go ahead without a system of restoring the boards if something went wong. Then a new version of PHP was released which eliminated certain key functions of the old forum software and..... well, you saw the result.

The old data remains and is currently safe, but the board software wont run in the current environment.

What Is This?

Luke and I decided that it would be good to put up a temporary forum, this 'liferaft'. You will need to register again here (and should not assume that the same user is behind familiar usernames here!) but rather than leave you guys with nowhere to chat we wanted to give you a place and hopefully keep the community together that Luke has worked so hard to foster and grow.

You should assume that these are a temporary board, and that any threads here will be removed and unaccessible when we get the original forums back online and running.

What Do We Do Next?

The plan is that I will now work on bringing the original boards back online. At this point, one of two things will happen.

1. If successful, the old boards will be restored and updated, bringing the forum software up to date, and these boards will be locked and unaccessible.

2. If something goes wrong or the data cannot be updated to the new forum software, this board will likely be expanded to replace the old boards and will be the start of the Village Square 2.0.

If you have any questions or comments, please feel free to post below.

I have decided to only open a single board at this time, and therefore it will be a mix of all sorts of things. Feel free to start threads, but please be clear in the title what they are about, and try to reply to an existing thread instead of starting a new one where possible.

Many thanks, and I apologise for this disruption.